2013年6月24日 星期一

artist statement


I have nothing to tell you



I am writing a love letter to you, just like all lovers do. But I have nothing to tell you. I just want to keep you in my mind; in order not to forget you and reminding myself the existence of you. It is impossible for me not to forget about you as time goes by. It is inevitable that you will be disappearing from my mind, but I will try to keep you in mind, so I will think of you more often.



Your shadow keeps showing up; from time to time, day by day. Your appearance is not eternal; you will fade out gradually. You are wandering in the paradox of existence and disappearance.



In the paradox of existence and disappearance



It seems like that there is a conflict between existing and disappearing. It seems like that they are contradicting each other. Every existence implies death, for which death is the final destination for every existence.



生與死的同時存在.



The approaching of death awakes the awareness of being. If our existence has no limitation, it will be transgressing the law of life.



My work is thriving from the paradox of existence and disappearance. The form in which my work started is the form in which it will end. From emptiness emerges my creation; after enduring the exhaustion for defining existence, emptiness once again returns. Life is a circle, and this circle will not be complete if it is not returning (death) to the original form.



Cam wong Jun 2013

沒有留言:

張貼留言